- Say fancy features for a character.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Colored paper
- Colored wool
- Any material you have at home to decorate.
This activity is perfect to stimulate make-believe play, and imagination, creativity and fine motor skills in your little one.
Before starting you must prepare the play area. Find a comfortable space for your little one, a small table is fine.
- Put all the materials on the table and explain what your little one is going to do.
- Tell your little one that it will be creating a doll to play with. Take some colored paper and ask your little one to help you cut it into little pieces. Then, with a little glue you can start decorating the roll of toilet paper.
- Your little one can also roll wool around it. If you wish, you can add ears, legs, arms and eyes and mouth to it. Let your imagination run wild!
- Always remember to ask your little one what it wants to put on the doll. Tell your little one, “you can create as many as you want!”.
Once your dolls are ready, it’s time to let your imagination fly! Ask your little one the following;
- What’s the name of this doll?
- Where does it live?
- What is its mom’s name?
- What does it like to eat?
All the questions you create, your little one can answer. Then your little one will start playing with his dolls in various ways. This will help your little one begin to understand make-believe play. It will also help to expand your child’s imagination.